Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Hotel Bed and I




Everything is seemingly empty yet so complete, unlike my room back home. Overcluttered and always labelled as unfinished work in progress. That mighty bed makes you wonder why it is a norm for people to go for fancy hotels only when they are planning to spend the whole day outside. What an irony! That bad so high it feels like its on its own floor. So wide I can fit in all possible angle. that's a game i could play with this bed if only we had time to play together. it is screaming neat. too neat to be appreachable or messed around with. Those ultra white beddings are flawless, spotless. New! Maybe. That velvety  maroon piece of fabric dangling at the end- if only I knew a name for it- makes it so hard to overlook the royal aspect of this object. Of this experience. You must pay your respects indeed. Why would I sleep and mess up with this perfection? That is why people sleep so carefully in a hotel. It is the bed. Just too intimidating I guess. They worry to much about those perfectly put together beddings. Maybe this why home with all its imperfections is at best after all. What worries me the most is that searioulsy tucked in blancket. Why must I feel like a savage trying to untuck this thing? Every night. Every trip. I know they learn a lot of hospitality and putting guests at ease. Why haven't they come to realize this just yet? No one, absolutely no one wants to deal with this situation, and yet it is an envitible part of every single day on vacations. I dread vacations sometimes when I think about forcefully untucking my own blanket. Well, it is not really my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment