Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Reflections and Expectations

The module technology enhanced creative writing was a must take for me because ever since I was in grade two actually I got into creative writing and technology has always been a musical instrument I like to play with. Therefore, combing the two together is quite appeal9ng to me.

In all honesty, I don't know what to expect, for after the first module which exceeded all expectations I had I decided to embrace all these new concepts and be open minded and experiment all these new techniques.


Where I work, it is quite academic but I tried to infuse my classes with a bit of creative writing. I used introduce new words with other words that rhyme and have them write short poems using all the new words.

I believe I can say that I ave used technology enhanced creative writing activities before. I had my students write their own stories and record themselves narrating them with sound effects and share them in our instant messaging groups. They also paraphrased songs to make new songs using online dictionaries. They used Google Translate to come up with ten possible titles to their writings. They all had blogs and had to reflect on some creative images using creative language.

I think creative writing is a very powerful technique to language learners of all levels. It helps them play with new words, challenge the sentence structure norms and have a break from the rigid academic take on writing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment