Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Little Background about the Story

My starting point was a combination of an emotion and a memory. An emotional memory I guess. Powerful emotions usually drive me toward creative wiring as a shelter. This piece is based on real events.

I used to write a lot- in my native language though-, but with kids and jobs creative writing seems to be too luxurious. I am glad the MA gave me a solid motive to go back to it and actually bring it into my day to day teaching practice.


I was slightly mimicking  Paulo Ceolho's writing style. I love his writing; he is not very much into super tiny details, yet there is a great deal of philosophy in his work which I like.

He is into exotic stories and when I attempted to write a story in English, I felt I was a character in one of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment